2 lbs. large shrimp
1 cup fresh lemon juice
3 cups sour orange juice (or sour orange)
2 red onions
1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Boil shrimp until they become light red
- Remove from heat. Drain and allow them to cool
- Cut onions into small slices
- Place them in a bowl along with 2 tablespoons of salt for about 10 minutes
- Rinse with water
- Cut tomatoes in small cubes
- In a large bowl mix the onions, tomatoes, sour orange and lemon juice together
- Add a tablespoon of cilantro, salt, and pepper. After shrimp cools add to mixture.
- Serve chilled
*This recipe and many others can be found in the Sporty Momma’s Cookbook!
Leave a Reply