1 cup self rising flour
1 cup milk
2 teaspoons baking powder
1-29 oz. can of sliced peaches in light syrup
3/4 stick of butter
1 cup of sugar
Aluminum cake pan
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- Open can of peaches and pour 1/3 cup of sugar into peaches, stir, and let sit.
- Place 3/4 stick of butter into cake pan. Place in the oven until butter has melted.
- Mix remaining sugar, flour, baking powder and milk in a mixing bowl until smooth. If batter is too loose, you may add more flour. If it is too thick, add milk. Batter should not be watery.
- In the cake pan, pour batter into the center of the pan. Do not stir.
- Pour peaches into the center of the batter. Do not stir.
- Place cobbler in the oven for 45 minutes to one hour or until crust is golden brown.
Serve warm with your favorite vanilla ice cream.