Sporty Momma Moments are simply inspirational quotes, passages, messages, and ideas to promote the positive. It is designed to help keep us focused and uplifted daily.
Do a New Thing!
Have you ever felt like your life needed a little rejuvenation? There’s nothing more exhilarating than trying something that you have never done before or haven’t done in awhile. Whether it’s a new recipe, hairstyle, taking a class, or simply changing your everyday routine, trying something different can give you a boost from the mundane or “the usual”. It can really change the way you view things and may even brighten up a not – so – good day or time in your life. It can be something as simple as starting a journal.
There really is power in the pen. Journal writing is a great way to help you get things off your chest, map out your feelings and it can be a good way to help when making decisions. In addition, when we get things out of our head and onto paper, we feel more organized and in control. Write it down!
Simple changes can really make a difference in how we live our best lives and feel good doing it. Here are just a few ideas to consider trying out that may be interesting.
* Change your hair color or a try new hairstyle
* Buy a new and trendy outfit
* Do some charitable work in the Community
* Start a family game night
* Try new candle scents
* Join an exercise class
* Call or visit an old friend
See something that interests you? Come on and try it! DO A NEW THING!!!!!
Don’t Worry, Be Happy
There must be something special about this word HAPPY. I can recall many songs, movies, and poems written about being happy. i.e. “DON’T WORRY BE HAPPY!”, “If You’re Happy and you know it!”, “Oh Happy Day”,“Happy Feet”, “Happy Trails”, etc., etc.
What does it mean to be happy?
Happiness is a feeling of inner peace and satisfaction. It is usually experienced when there are no worries, fears, or obsessing thoughts. This usually happens when we do something we love to do, or when we gain or achieve something that we value. It’s more like the outcome of positive events that come from the inside, that are triggered by outside events. Research shows that worry = stress and stress = illness or possibly death. It’s easy to say, “I’m not going to stress over this or that”. But it’s harder to actually do it.
For most people, happiness seems temporary, because they allow external circumstances to affect it. A peaceful and relaxed mind is instrumental in making us more aware of how to achieve and choose healthy happiness habits. So, how do we get happy? I’m glad you asked.
- Choose to be happy. Make an effort to change the way you look at things. Always look at the bright side. The mind may drag you to think about negativity and difficulties. Don’t let it. Look at the good and positive side of every situation.
- Think about positive things; meditate on inspirational and uplifting things; Listen to relaxing, soothing music. Watch funny comedies that make you laugh. Each day, devote some time to reading a few pages of an inspiring book or article.
- Do something nice for someone else; when you make someone happy, you become happy, and then people try to make you happy.
- Do something nice for yourself! Yeah, It may not be all about you, but you’re important too and you deserve to treat yourself. A spa day, shopping, a movie, a walk on the beach, etc. Just do it for you!
- Speak kind words to others: encourage and motivate them. It may be just what they needed at the time to change a not -so -good day into a better one.
- Hang out with happy people; it’s contagious. Have you ever noticed the feeling you get when people who are having fun surround you with laughter, playing, or joking? The atmosphere is exhilarating!
- Focus on things you’ve done right instead of what you did not accomplish. Pat yourself on the back and use failures to encourage you to move on.
- Expect happiness everyday. Say, “Something good is going to happen in my life today!” Believe that this is your day and it will be.
- Put a smile on your face; right now! And keep smiling. Research shows that even an artificially induced smile has a positive influence on your emotions—turns out that just going through the motion of happiness brightens your mood. And if you’re smiling, other people will perceive you as being friendlier and more approachable.
- Don’t wait on someone else to make you happy; be happy on purpose. Believe that you are worth being happy and that you have the power to make it happen. You can make yourself happier – and it doesn’t take much effort. You can start right now. Check this out! This song is infectious! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DWgm48jIFE
April is a great month to…
Accept the things you cannot change and change the things you can.
Plan to do something special for someone you love or may need some love.
Remember that you are special too and do something special for you.
Inspire others to be the best that they can be.
Let your past failures only serve as experiences to succeed in the future.
Do you have a bad habit that is causing you not to be the best you can be? Habits are regular repeated behavioral patterns; i.e. attitude, addiction, or practice. Some habits we form are good, but there are others that are bad for us. It is not always easy to change things we do, but it can be very beneficial if we want to live a more productive life. Mommas are teachers and we set examples for our children and all those around us. A simple change in how we do things can make a tremendous difference in how others see us and more importantly, how we view ourselves. So take a minute and think about something you may be doing, a lot, that is keeping you from reaching higher heights. I’m encouraging you to check out this new book by Joyce Meyer called “Making Good Habits, Breaking Bad Habits”. Let us know what you think. Stay tuned for more tips!
Love, Peace and Blessings,
Leave a Reply