If you love Podcasts this post is for you. A few weeks ago I recorded a podcast with Monica Jones. Monica is a millennial mom of 2 beautiful girls who loves sharing with moms around the world. It was a great conversation and I dropped some gems that I think you will love! It is great to find women that support one another and who share the same mission as you. Please check it out and let me know what you think!
Yayyy! Summer is like really here! Well not officially according to the calendar but most of our kids will be out of school soon and that means that we don’t have to wake up as early to rush to school but we do have to find ways to keep them busy. For SAHM summer can be really challenging. You don’t get your usual free time to workout, or time to clean and do chores without yelling “stop that” every ten minutes. Between camps, vacations, play dates and all of the down time, we moms will probably work harder in the summer than during the school year. It is still extremely important that we make some time for ourselves to de-stress and stay sane over the next 10 weeks. As June approaches, I wanted to share a few self care tips for the summer. And for the record I am not just preaching to the choir, I have to remind myself of this too.
Top 5 Tips
- Power walking: It helps release stress and burns calories
- Meditation a few minutes a day preferably in the morning to set the tone for the day. Evenings are great too. I find that it helps me settle down before bedtime. There are some great guided meditations on YOUTube. I personally like Gabby Bernstein or Headspace
- Take a yoga class or self practice with Yoga with Adrienne on YouTube! She has a lot of 21 day challenges and you pick your level.
- Mom’s Night Out. Call up your mom squad and schedule a happy hour. Town and House have great ladies night specials on Monday and Tuesday nights.
- Stay-Cation!!! Squeeze in a quick overnight trip to your favorite hotel in your city and just enjoy the quiet time. If you can’t stay the night, just spend the day and enjoy the spa and relax by the pool. Trust me you will feel refreshed. I highly recommend the Mandarin Oriental. The spa is amazing!!!!!
I hope that these tips help you to keep calm and have a magical summer. The most important thing is to remember it is okay to take a break, you deserve it!!!!
This year I pledged to live authentically, bold, live life to the fullest, silly, fun and free to be …. ME! So I thought it would be fun to kick off 2018 with a few fun facts about me. There’s more but I will save some for my book! (The one I have been trying to write for 2 years) So here we go.
- I’m the oldest of two siblings born and raised in Miami, FL.
- My dream job was always to be in show business or entertainment. I always wanted to be a model and actress but I was told that I was too short. (So if there are any agents reading this, inbox me please)
- I LOVE butterflies.
- I was born with congenital scoliosis and had a life changing surgery when I was 17.
- I struggle with being consistent.
- I am a Cancer. #almost40
- I could eat seafood every night especially shrimp.
- I taught elementary school for 5 years before becoming a WAG/SAHM/WAHM.
- I have lived in Miami most of my life but thanks to MLB I got to live in Minnesota, Oakland, and Toronto for a while.
- I love my husband and three kids more than anything in the world.