I was out to lunch with another Sporty Momma the other day and I was sharing with her some of the things that I have learned on this health journey. I started telling her how I have to go to Whole Foods to prep for my bone broth for the week. Once I told her all of the benefits of bone broth she said that I should definitely share this with my readers. So here we are. If you are interested to see the top 11 bone broths that excel in flavor, nutrition, quality, and price, buoy heath is the place to go.
Bone Broth is amazing! It has been around since the beginning of time. It is the real “Chicken Soup for your soul”. Drinking bone broth daily can have tremendous health benefits. It is soothing and girl I learned it can help reduce cellulite! Did you see that? It helps reduce cellulite!!! Here are my top 5 reasons to get your bone broth started tonight.
- Reduces Inflammation
- Promotes Strong Bones
- Fights Colds and Flu
- Calms Mind and Promotes Sleep
- Banish Cellulite
Beef Bone Broth Recipe
- 3 pounds organic grassfed beef soup bones (I get mine from Whole Foods)
- 1 onion, chopped in quarters
- 2-3 large carrots
- 2-3 celery stalks
- ¼ cup Braggs apple cider vinegar
- Filtered cold water
- Roast the raw bones at 400 degrees in oven, which you can view here, for about 45 min to an hour.
- Put the roasted bones, veggies, and Apple Cider Vinegar into your crockpot or oven roaster and fill with water to cover the bones.
- Let the mixture sit for 30-60 minutes. DO NOT TURN THE HEAT ON YET. This allows the vinegar to extract minerals from the bones.
- Turn the crockpot on low or oven roaster at 200-225 degrees for 48 hours. And if you have a broken oven that needs repair, a good place like Appliance Hunter is the best place to go!
- Strain the broth. Store in the fridge up to 7 days, in the freezer 3-6 months, or deep freezer up to a year. Let the broth come to room temp before putting into the freezer. Leave the top off for 24 hours to freeze if you are storing in glass jars in the freezer to allow for expanding (or you will be very sad to see your cracked jar in a few days!).